It is currently 23 August 2017 01:35

MVC Forum vNext

0 posts • Page 1 of 1

Steen Tøttrup

MVC Forum vNext

03 May 2014 15:40:50

As some of you might have noticed, we now have a v2 branch in our repository on Codeplex, so work has now officially started on the next, big version of MVC Forum.

It's now been more than 3 years since I made the first commit, and a lot has changed.

We have not yet decided on what the new version will be called, but one thing that is certain, is that the database design will change.

MVC Forum will be an ASP.NET MVC implementation, built on top of a generic, .NET forum engine.

I will stay focused on making this forum engine simple and powerful, and make it easy to expand on, or change, core feature if needed. This new engine can be found on Codeplex as the NForum project.

I will also make sure this engine will be usable with the ASP.NET MVC framework, as the MVC Forum project. Hopefully I will get some "web people" to help me make it look even better and have more cool themes.

We will not abandon the current MVC Forum solution, we will keep fixing bugs, and will keep adding features to the codebase.

Sounds interesting? Please contact me, and help us!

Last edited by Steen Tøttrup on 03 May 2014 14:42

0 posts • Page 1 of 1